Start 2018 off the right way by calling Dr. Bruce Silva today and scheduling a cleaning and prevention appointment. Prevention is the best practice to ensure you keep that healthy smile. While everybody’s needs are different, we recommend routine cleanings. The older you get, the more frequent those routine checkups and cleanings should be.
On average, seeing a dentist twice a year works well for many people. Some can get away with fewer visits. Others may need more frequent visits. People with very little risk of cavities or gum disease can do fine seeing their dentist just once a year. People with a high risk of dental disease might need to visit every three or four months, or more. This high-risk group includes:
- Pregnant women
- People with current gum disease
- People with a weak immune response to bacterial infection
- People who tend to get cavities or build up plaque
Dr. Bruce Silva goes above and beyond in his diagnostic and preventative service. The preventative services include:
- Tartar and plaque removal
- Removal of stains
- Fluoride applications
- Teeth polishing
- Denture positioning
The diagnostic services include:
- Review medical history
- Oral cancer screening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Teeth decay detection
While not in the presence of a dentist, you can help prevent tooth decay by going over the following steps:
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean between your teeth daily with floss or interdental cleaner.
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
- Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examination.
Our experienced team will also provide educational services so that our patients have the necessary knowledge and tools to practice good oral hygiene at home. So call Dr. Bruce Silva today for a dental checkup and start 2018 the right way!